13 Apr Fresno Yosemite International Airport
This 2.4 MW ground mounted single-tracking solar array system generates over three million kWh per year.
- This impressive solar system was designed, engineered and installed by WorldWater & solar Technologies
- 2.4 MW Ground mounted single-axis tracking system
- Project is expected to save the Airports Department approximately $19 million in utility charges over the next 25 years
- Project surface area is 9.5 acres
- Number of solar panels: 9,700
- Financing arrangement required no upfront funding from the city
- CO2 reduction over 25-year project life: 744,625 lbs.
- Home to the largest solar installation of any public airport in the U.S. during time of installation